Maya, the country’s all-in-one money platform, received recognition at the 19th Philippine Quill Awards Night for its transformative initiatives that enabled employees, consumers, enterprises, and government to thrive amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
The award is conferred by the International Association of Business Communicators-Philippines (IABC-Philippines), a prestigious award-giving body that recognizes strategic and excellent programs, campaigns, and materials in business communications.
Maya won 2 Excellence Awards for its campaign called SAFEwork, which enabled employees to thrive amid the height of the pandemic in 2021, propelling the company’s stellar growth as it transformed from PayMaya to Maya. These initiatives are:
- Navigating New Ways of Working in the Better Normal through the SAFEwork Campaign: an initiative that empowered employees to practice safe work while enjoying greater flexible work arrangements that enabled agility and innovation.
- Promoting SAFEwork Anytime, Anywhere, and on Any Device with the SAFEwork Playbook: a guide for employees promoting Maya’s safe work and health protocols.
Moreover, Maya also won a Merit Award for its I am PayMaya Town Hall, a series of signature events that fostered open and bold conversations among leaders, teams, and employees in the time of the company’s hypergrowth period in 2021.
Maya received 4 Merit Awards for its efforts to enable Filipinos to adopt a digital and cashless lifestyle:
- PayMaya: Unlocking the Digital Life of Filipinos through a Superior Fintech Experience: a consumer campaign that promoted the top-rated app’s better digital customer experience across use cases.
- PayMaya: Online Payment Gateway of MSMEs in the Philippines: an initiative that brought innovative payment acceptance solutions closer to merchants.
- LEAD Program: PayMaya powers LGUs to build a digital-first community: a public affairs initiative that enables government agencies to adopt digital payments and disbursement tools to improve the ease of doing business.
- PayMaya’s Flash Donation Drive: Using fintech to give back to medical frontliners: a corporate social responsibility effort that encouraged in-app digital load purchase with a matching donation from PayMaya for meals to medical professionals during the height of the COVID-19 surge.
“These recognitions are a testament to our thrust to improve lives for consumers, merchants, the government, communities, and our employees. At the heart of Maya is our commitment to bring our game-changing fintech innovations to help empower more people,” said Nick Bautista Wilwayco, Head of Public Affairs and Communications at Maya.
Maya’s award-winning initiatives have helped propel the company’s rapid and strong growth. In April this year, PayMaya rebranded to Maya with a new all-in-one money app for consumers that seamlessly integrates wallet features and crypto with savings and credit powered by Maya Bank. As of end-June, Maya had 50 million registered users across its consumer platforms. More than 650,000 customers opened a Maya Save account three months after it launched, making it the fastest-growing digital banking service in the country.
Its Maya Center is the country’s most expansive digital financial services agent network, serving customers on-ground through its over 65,000 touchpoints. Meanwhile, on the enterprise side, Maya Business is the largest fully integrated payment service processor in the Philippines. It now offers digital banking services such as enterprise deposits, payroll management solutions, and credit products powered by Maya Bank.