McDonald’s has joined efforts to spread vaccine confidence among Filipinos by participating in the “Ingat Angat Bakuna Lahat” multimedia campaign.
In a media briefing of Ingat Angat, a private sector-led campaign that aims to re-start the Philippine economy safely, McDonald’s Philippines President and CEO, Kenneth S. Yang expressed the company’s support in participating in the “Ingat Angat Bakuna Lahat” multimedia campaign.
In a statement, Mr. Yang said that In McDonald’s Philippines, safety is always an integral part of our operating culture and will always be. Our M Safe program is testament to this. The health and safety of our people will always be a priority, as we are grounded on the principle that when we keep our employees safe, we keep our customers safe,” says Yang. “With the arrival of vaccines, we will double down our efforts in supporting the government’s program towards the vaccination of more Filipinos. We have started by first informing and educating our employees on the importance of vaccines, as an additional layer of protection to keep themselves safe first so they can keep their family, co-workers and customers safe always.”
Ingat Angat is led by Taskforce T3–a multi-sectoral public-private consortium working closely with the Department of Health (DOH), the National Task Force (NTF) against COVID-19, and the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) to manage the COVID-19 situation in the Philippines.
In a related move McDonald’s announced that it has purchased close to 100,000 doses of vaccine to be given to its employees for free earlier this year.
Yang also added that “The private sector plays a very big role in supporting the government’s vaccination program. From ensuring that our own people are vaccinated, to using our voice and influence to encourage our consumers to do the same. It is only through getting more Filipinos vaccinated at the soonest time possible that our country can recover and rebuild.”
M Safe dine-in with McDonald’s
The launch of the Ingat Angat Bakuna Lahat vaccine confidence campaign comes after the recent announcement of the government on the new classification for the ‘NCR Plus’. Beginning May 15 until May 31, Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal will be placed under “General Community Quarantine (GCQ) with heightened restrictions”.
With the new classification, the aforementioned cities will be able to allow restaurants to continue to accommodate outdoor dining at limited capacity, but will also be able to allow more consumers to dine-in indoors with 20% venue capacity. This will allow Filipinos to have more ways to enjoy their favorite meals from McDonald’s apart from Drive-Thru, and Take-out, on top of delivery.
Customers who would want to enjoy their favorite meals are assured a high standard of safety with stringent M Safe protocols in place. Through M Safe, store employees are empowered to be safe to ensure the health and safety of customers especially during this period.